Online Scholarship Application
The Moraine Park Foundation was established to help students lower the cost of their education through scholarship assistance. Foundation scholarships are funded by generous gifts from alumni, Moraine Park faculty and staff, businesses, service clubs, and friends of the College who believe in higher education and who are passionate about making Moraine Park Technical College affordable for students. Unlike some forms of financial aid, scholarships do not have to be repaid.
To be considered for a Foundation scholarship, you must be enrolled in an Associate Degree, Technical Diploma or Apprenticeship program; have an MPTC cumulative or high school GPA of 2.75 or higher, or a GED score of 169 or higher; and enroll in a minimum of 6 credits per semester (except for apprenticeship students). Annual scholarship awards range from $250 to $3,500.
The information you provide in this application will be reviewed by the Moraine Park Foundation Scholarship Committee. Measurements that may be considered for awarding scholarships include academic and career goals, demonstrated financial need, academic standing, and leadership/community service experience.
It is very important that the information you provide be as accurate as possible. If selected, you may be asked to provide documentation validating your qualification(s) for the award. The documentation must be submitted prior to the release of the scholarship funds.
Moraine Park Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
Important 2022-23 Scholarship Dates:
- Spring 2022 application for new students will go live October 25, 2021, due December 10, 2021
- The application for the 2022-23 academic year will go live February 1, 2022
- High school seniors applying for High School Senior Scholarship Awards: Applications are due April 1, 2022
- All other applications are due: April 9, 2022
Returning Users: If you submitted an application in previous years, you will be asked for your username and password you entered when you first created your account. You will be required to fill out a new application each academic year.
First Time Users: You will be asked to create an account in order to access the scholarship application. When creating a username and password, be sure to use something you will be able to remember for future logins. (NOTE: if you already have an MPTC student account, it is suggested you use your MyMPTC username and password.
Helpful & Important Information:
When you fill out the Foundation application, you are automatically considered for all scholarships for which you may qualify.
- Meeting the application requirements and scholarship criteria does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship.
- In the application, you will need to provide the email addresses of at least two instructors, teachers and/or supervisors who can provide an on-line recommendation. Recommendations from friends and relative will not be considered. It is helpful to include more than two recommenders in case one or more do not complete the recommendation. The scholarship software will automatically generate a request to your recommenders. Please seek out recommenders as soon as possible.
- Once an application has been submitted, it cannot be accessed for changes. Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships.
- Although completing the FAFSA is not required, it is STRONGLY recommended. Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before submitting your online scholarship application.
- Award letters will be sent electronically to the email address indicated on your scholarship application.
- A thank you letter and/or attendance at our annual Donor Appreciation Event will be required from scholarship recipients.
You can use the scholarship database “scholarship search” to view all available scholarships.
For immediate assistance with application, reference and financial aid questions, please refer to the FAQs.